Checklist for Preparing Your Income Tax Return
This list is not necessarily complete, but should cover most of the needed information
- A copy of last year’s return
- Birthdays of individuals on return.
- Social Securitv 1099 forms
- Pension 1099 forms
- Dividend and Interest 1099s
- This includes Bank and Brokerage 1099s
- Any W-2’s or lO99Misc forms
- Medical expenses
- – Premiums
- – Long Term Premiums
- – Nursing Home Costs
- – Doctor Bills
- – Dentist Bills
- – Eyecare expense
Remember that you are including only that expense not reimbursed by an insurance carrier. You actually paid this out and received no reimbursement back
- Real Estate Taxes
- State Income Taxes (You should include the refund amount from last year if you received one) Estimate payments for Federal and State income Taxes
- State Sales Tax (This is good for 2008 and 2009 and only on major items.)
- Charitable contributions both in cash and items donated.
- Detail on the items donated should include the charity and the dates donated as well as how many bags or boxes donated.
- Investment and legal expenses paid
- Tax preparation fees
If you had securities from brokers and sold any items, a copy of the broker statement (Year end report)
This will get a start on the preparation process and we will call if there are any questions.
Call us if you have any questions about this form.
Timothy T. Fullerton, Sr.